Freezing temperatures can often lead to water damage in homes and businesses. Water damage can result from a number of situations. However, some of the most common include a slab leak, old plumbing, frozen pipers or a hot water heater leak. Whatever the cause of the water damage, you will want to take steps to dry areas quickly in order to mitigate water damage and save as much as possible.
Here are some ways to dry out property following water damage.
- Move the air naturally by opening windows and doors. Opening closet and cabinet doors helps also.
- Move the air mechanically. Restoration companies generally have high powered fans to move air faster for quicker results.
- Dehumidify the area to remove water vapor from the air. Shut the windows and doors to decrease outside humidity in the room. Most professional restoration companies have very efficient dehumidifiers to dry out the air more effectively.
- Pump water from the damaged area using a sump pump.
- Remove water from floors. A professional wet/dry vacuum can be used to suck water from carpets. These vacuums may prove useful in saving rugs and wall-to-wall carpeting. Restoration contractors often have high-powered vacuums with a large capacity for removing water.
- Remove furniture, rugs and other items that have become soaked with water. A professional restoration company can often dry these thoroughly using state-of-the-art equipment. Throw out any wet insulation.
The technicians trained by Restoration 1 of West Denver have the expertise to diagnose water damage issues and take the most appropriate steps to return your home or office to a safe and habitable state.
A leak can happen at any time, even in the middle of the night. Restoration 1 of West Denver offers 24/7 water damage restoration services. Our team can arrive quickly to get the cleanup process underway. We won’t leave until your property is stable and safe for your return.
If your property has sustained damage from a flood or leak, call Restoration 1 now at 720-605-2994. We provide timely and honest service to each and every customer.